Sunday, August 10, 2014

Classroom Set Up 2014

This summer has gone by too fast!  I am headed back to work for teacher workdays on Wednesday.  But, I have gotten many great ideas this summer through different blogs and the Teachers Pay Teachers website, and I am ready to get back to it!  Today, I am going to link to a few of my favorite finds from the summer that I know I will be using this school year.

My first find is from Lindsay's Kodaly Inspired Classroom.  I live at the beach, so I was really excited to see this theme that I could use in my classroom.   She has included so many different things in this kit including binder covers, posters for the new NCCAS standards, bulletin board ideas, rules posters (and songs!), word wall, welcome banner, and instrument labels.  I don't think I will need ANYTHING else to decorate my room with!



Outside my classroom, I plan on posting these posters on one of my doors.  I purchased these from Music with Sara Bibee last year and never put them up.  Since then, she has updated them, and I will definitely be using them this year!



I will be putting up another bulletin board outside of my classroom.  I have thought about giving the teachers and staff in the school a questionnaire about their music abilities and then making a bulletin board out of their answers (favorite songs, last song listened to on your iPod, instruments you play, were you in chorus/band/orchestra in school).  We will see if I am able to get this done.  The biggest thing is the time involved in getting all of these answers.  Maybe I will send an email with a web questionnaire.  

I also have to decorate the front door to my classroom.  I'm not sure what I will do with that yet.  I should probably keep up the nautical theme so I will have to do some searching on ideas.  

Thanks for reading my blog!  I am looking forward to interacting with other music teachers out there!



No comments:

Post a Comment